Thursday, June 5, 2008

Ohh...but, before I go!!!


Oh..but before I leave...Let me share a picture of our big stump removal event. We had a huge old apple tree right in the middle of the back yard that was very tall but had hardly any branches and only a few leaves on one section. Branches were falling to the ground and hitting our deck.....so as you saw below, we finally had to take it down. Then Tuesday the stump removal guy came and ground up the remaining 4' tall and 45 " diameter (at the base) trunk and roots down to 12" below grade. I have never seen this done before. It was very noisy and quite impressive.

Do you like my magnificent Fringe Tree in the background? It sends its amazing fragrance all over the neighborhood this time of year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the fringe tree. It is one of my favorites yet the one I have is still very small as I have moved it often. I am going to find the perfect spot so I can have one like yours! Hope you are having fun in Quebec!

CGCol said...

Carol, the garden looks great and what a change to the aspect of Sweetside since the last I saw it. So sorry to hear about Surely... you can come visit and get a Surely fix... our new kitty Sunshine looks just like her...