Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catching Up!!





Oh my...the past few weeks have just flown by. It 's the end of the semester and teaching 5 courses has meant that my days have been packed with classes, meetings, and of course..the dreaded grading. I've barely read any blogs in the past 3+ weeks and as you can see I have not posted either. There is so much to catch up on and of course many garden blooms have come and some have gone by already. I have found a few pockets of time here and there to work on the garden a bit but I am behind where I wanted to be at this point I hope to do a lot of catching up these next few weeks before the Tour. Many things are started...but... it all needs to be finished! The new picket fence is underway...most of the posts are now in place. The house is power washed and we have just begun scraping and priming (see blue/grey on left side of window, above). The new pea stone paths out back have also been started. We had the UMass Engineers Without Boarders group come as part of their fund raiser for the upcoming Amazon Project and they helped with the fence and hauled a lot of pea stone for us (third pic). Yeah!!

For my Emily's Garden readers.... I apologize and promise I will post more Dickinson garden pictures very soon!

1 comment:

joey said...

So glad to see you back, Carol. Lives do have a way grabbing a great hold on us. You are not alone ... I've been stumbling too! Good luck on your projects!