This past week we made significant progress on many fronts! More scraping & painting has brought us to the point of 2 sides being almost all primed.
We also custom cut the fence pickets at our friend Jeremy's studio -- Jeremy is pictured here helping us get it set up. It took us 3 night sessions to get all 160 of them cut - a 6 step process.
And here it is as we began installing it today (it will get a second coat of solid, white stain, after it is all up). We have 2 sections out of 12 done.
Also this week, son-in-law Ben came and helped us cut down a huge old and mostly dead apple tree.
Then our son, Aaron came the next day and cut it all up.
I also got quite a few of the annuals planted. I use these to fill in empty spaces and add height & depth to some areas. In addition, I planted 16 large pots. Pictures of those soon to come - they don't look like much right yet.