Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cabinet of Curiosity- Prompt #3



The Cabinet of Curiosity Prompt #3 was based on the idea of dreams. Not the night-time ones but the ones that encompass things we dream of doing or accomplishing.

This time of year is when I starting dreaming of the warmer, longer days of Spring when I can get my hands back into the dirt and the perennials begin to show their heads once again. This year I am also dreaming of the things I have planned for the new gardens I have been establishing: the water feature, the expanded beds and more.

Here is the 4x6 collage I created with this dream in mind. I'd love to just wander down the path, enter through the tiny gate and wander into this dream.

12 comments:

Kari said...

This dream sounds and looks absolutely wonderful!! We've still got a lot of winter left here in Minnesota...but on a day like today, when the temp reaches 40 degrees, it almost feels like spring is in the air. Love the colors and the images in your piece. Just lovely!!!!!

Carol Soules said...

Thx so much for your feedback!
Probably still plenty of winter here too...in Mass. No snow so far but today it is only a high of 10 degrees so I revert to dreaming BIG time!

Kathy said...

This is beautiful Cabs. I love the images you have chosen. I'm doing a 'garden dreams' for my NO.3 -- nearly finished. Thanks for visiting, Kathy

Anonymous said...

I can see your dream and I dream for warmer weather too. I like your challenge piece!

Nerissa Alford said...

Just like you, I'm thinking of Spring. Your collage is beautiful.
Nerissa

Anne of Alamo said...

oh I would like to be in your dream also! Warmer weather and gardens, lovely.

Toni said...

Your dream and your layout are great, nothing like getting your hands in the soil and watching the results over the weeks and months that follow. In the midst of winter it is often what I dream of too.

Bonnie said...

I love your day 2 and day 3 pieces, so interesting and pretty. Your spring piece is just so down to earth and lovely. Here we are in the throes of summer and are having the worst heat wave ever, so while you dream of spring, I dream of winter, blankets, hot chocolate and soup!

Monica said...

Your page is so dreamy (no pun intended). Love how the images play together and the colors are fabulous!

One Crabapple said...

Your C of C pieces are really coming out nice !

Thank you for the Marigold Fund .com info.

will check it out !

Pam Aries said...

Ohhh! i really love your site! this Valentine giveaway is the best thing ever! I have been introduced to so many new and cool people! You are on my list! Thanks for visiting! Your collages are great! I had to work today so I have not finished my Valentines! It all happened so quickly!

Lizzy said...

This is so pretty! I totally love the images you used... So pretty!