Monday, November 12, 2007

End of the Gardening Season





In between everything else in life these days, I've been putting the garden to bed for the winter.

The last of the spicy scented yellow/orange roses found it's way into the house, right next to the water color Jess painted for me, oh, maybe 10 years ago. To me it looks as if she painted the image directly from this rose. I wish I still owned the vase in the painting. It would have been even more perfect, but displayed outside once, the wind blew it over once and left it in pieces.







Meanwhile, I've been enjoying watching the maple tree right outside our living room bay window turn form green to yellow and now to more of an orange. This is one of the three windows that look right out into the branches of the tree. The shiny eyes belong to Sealia, one of our 4 cats. The all find it a great thrill to watch the squirrels chase each other through the tree.

No comments: