Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Imagine My Surprise


Last week we were unpacking some things that had been in storage when I came across this little doll ornament of sorts that I made when I was about 10 (btw - that was a few decades ago). I had made numbers of them for friends and family, turning them into key chain baubles, and other decorations to use or display in various ways.

I picked up and held this colorful and humble little guy, took a few pictures and set him aside, thinking it would be fun to make more, adult versions, with nicer beads and such for the holidays. Imagine my surprise when I looked at my new Anthropologie catalog the other day, and then again today when I glanced through the new December 07 Martha Stewart Living magazine and saw my imagined, dressed up versions before my very eyes! I felt like I had experienced a premonition or maybe it was deja vu.






Well, they may have beat me to market, but I think will get out the wire and beads and make some up anyway. Meanwhile, I have hung my decades old, brightly colored little beaded guy up in my study, right above my desk. I think he needs a name.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should name him Jameson.